The following list contains recommended pamphlet resources identified for End-of-Life Care topics.
If you need assistance with accessing these resources, please contact Iowa Catholic Conference (515-243-6256; email@example.com)
A concise description of changes which take place as a person is dying.
Booklet is available from:
- Barbara Karnes, RN P.O. Box 822139 Vancouver, WA 98682
Catholic Health Association End of Life Guides
- End of Life Guides: Teachings of the Catholic Church Caring for People at the End of Life
- End of Life Guides: Advance Directives Expressing Your Health Care Wishes
Available as a printed brochure, in both English and Spanish.
An extensive library of resources from Abbey Press that provide a Catholic perspective of hope, help and healing.
Aging and End of Life
- #23107 Confronting the Fear of Aging
- #20692 Coping with Chronic Pain
- #21471 Facing Chronic Illness with Faith and Hope
- #21406 End of Life Concerns: A Guide for Families
- #23141 Including Your Family in Your Health Care Decisions
- #21444 What Everyone Should Know about Hospice
- #20655 Using Hospice Care When a Loved One is Terminally Ill
- #23179 Embracing Hospice: Living as Death Approaches
- #23003 What is Palliative Care –And When is it Called For?
- #23097 Using Palliative Care Well
- #23182 Facing the Fear of a Loved One’s Death
- #21982 Final Conversations with a Dying Loved One
- #21330 Making Funeral Arrangements in Advance
- #20639 Facing Cancer as a Family
- #20612 Hanging on to Hope through a Serious Illness
- #21262 Living with Cancer – a Day at a Time
- #20603 Finding God in Pain or Illness
- #23063 Holding Onto Faith in the Midst of Suffering
- #21204 Making Sense Out of Suffering
- #21934 Prayers of Comfort for Times of Illness
- #20714 Keeping Death Before Us: How Daily Dying Can Help Us Live More Fully
- #23157 Finding Inner Peace at the End of Life
Care Notes are available from:
- Abbey Press Publications (St. Meinard’s Archabbey)
Article republishing is available from:
- Liguori Publications